The Integrated Care Partnership (ICP) is a statutory committee jointly formed between the NHS Integrated Care Board and local authorities that fall within the Integrated Care System (ICS) area.
The ICP will bring together a broad alliance of partners concerned with improving the care, health and wellbeing of the population, with membership determined locally. The ICP is responsible for producing an integrated care strategy on how to meet the health and wellbeing needs of the population in the ICS area.
As part of the Birmingham and Solihull ICS transition plan, there has been extensive local engagement with our key stakeholders and partners about the role, function and representation of our ICP.
The Birmingham and Solihull ICP brings together NHS, social care, and independent and third sector providers to agree the strategy and direction for the ICS as a whole.
The 10 year strategy for health and care
The ICP has now published its 10 year strategy for health and social care: ‘A Bolder, Healthier Future for the People of Birmingham and Solihull’. Read more about this and download a copy of the strategy.
The ICP will:
- Agree the strategic intent for the health and social care system including the development of the Integrated Care Strategy, while encouraging places and localities to set their own strategy and decision making within this framework.
- Work together to unblock obstacles to success that emerge in local place alliances and to hear the voices of citizens and frontline staff to inform strategic thinking and planning.
- Act in the best interest of people, patients, and the system as a whole rather than representing individual interests of any one constituent partner.
- Encourage innovation and signpost ways to develop and spread that innovation.
- Harness the capability and innovation of the whole system.
- Support and encourage decision making at locality and place level and create the environment across the ICS for collaboration locally and, where appropriate, at system level.
- Actively role model and promote the values and leadership standards of the ICS.
Based on feedback from consultation, the initial core membership of the ICP is set out below:
- Chair of NHS Birmingham and Solihull Integrated Care Board
- Chief Executive of NHS Birmingham and Solihull Integrated Care Board
- NHS Provider Chairs
- Health & Well Being Chairman & Cabinet Lead for Social Care and Health, Birmingham City Council
- Health & Well Being Board Chairman Solihull Metropolitan Council
- Director of Public Health, Birmingham City Council
- Director of Public Health, Solihull Metropolitan Council
- General Practitioner (GP) from Birmingham and Solihull Primary Care
- Chair of Birmingham and Solihull Healthwatch
- Voluntary sector representative
- Citizen representation drawn from the six localities in Birmingham and Solihull
- Representative from West Midlands Police Service
- Representative from West Midlands Fire Service
No events found.