Birmingham and Solihull is one of the largest Integrated Care Systems in England, UK.
Over 80,000 people choose to work in health and social care here in Birmingham and Solihull, including many and varied roles in the NHS. Birmingham and Solihull has something to offer everybody at every stage of their career.
Our trusts have a reputation for delivering a high quality of service and excellence in research, training and development, and of course outstanding patient care.
Our NHS workforce is supported by many international nurses and doctors. We are actively working with our recruitment partners, Pulse (for nursing) and Cromwell Medical Staffing (for mental health nursing), to support recruitment to a range of roles:
- Allied Health Professionals
We know that the decision to move and work overseas is a big one. That’s why we have a dedicated International Recruitment team who will be with you every step of the way.
Below we’ve set out some of the ways our dedicated team will support you, and the benefits we offer all international recruits:
We’ll support you with the initial expenses to get you here and once you arrive:
- Flights to the UK
- Transport to accommodation from UK arrival airport
- Accommodation for 6 weeks
- Pre-paid travel card for 8 weeks.
- A virtual meet/greet pre-arrival from our International Recruitment Team
- Support to complete any health checks before you leave your current country or residence and arrive in the UK
- Relocation support staff to support you pre-arrival and on UK arrival with arranging appointments and living and working here
- Orientation to Birmingham.
We’ll stay by your side once you have your NMC registration, through:
- Connecting you with UK-based International Nursing Associations Diaspora groups that provide support to internationally educated staff who are moving to the UK
- Transition support from the OSCE preparation programme to your NHS employer and clinical practice setting
- Consolidating skills
- Development of skills and opportunities
- Personal Development planning
- Annual appraisal
Nurses will start at salary Band 4 and we will pay according to your experience! We value your previous experience and knowledge here in Birmingham and Solihull and will reward this in your pay. This will be in the range of £25,655 to £31,534 according to the number of years’ experience. We will also explore the option to for a salary advance.
We’ll also cover the following fees:
- Immigration Skills Charge (COS)
- OSCE preparation, orientation and integration from our dedicated Education
Team, including two funded attempts at the OSCE exam (further attempts are to be self-funded)
- Any Exit Health Checks
If you have completed a recognised pre-registration nursing / midwifery qualification in your country of training and want to work in the UK there are five routes:
- Adult Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- 6-week programme
- Educators will orientate and prepare you for your OSCE exam
- We have a very high first-time pass rate
- Travel to and from OSCE test centre